From Latin affectus, he affected It is one of the passions of cheer up . It's about the inclination towards someone or something especially from love or honey For example: "Ricardo's attitude was a true show of affection", “All children must be treated with affection”, "Affection is essential in human relationships, but it does not prevent friction and conflict from occurring".
It is common for the notion of affection to be used in a manner more formal or distant Than the concept of love. It is not the same to feel affection for someone than to love him. On the other hand, it is not often said that an object is loved, while having affection for one thing is more common: “I am not going to give away any toys from my childhood since I have a lot of affection for everyone”, "I know I should tell him what I think, but I don't want to hurt him since I feel affection for him.".
For the psychology , the affectivity is the susceptibility of the human being to different alterations of the real or symbolic world . It usually occurs through an interactive process (who feels affection receives something from the other side): "Lautaro felt a great affection upon hearing the news".
Some of the fundamental points of affectivity are the following: the preponderance of the family and love relationships; the functions of consciousness; well-defined goals are set towards which wanting, trends and sex are directed; There is an oscillation between what pleases or dislikes and what is hated, which represent two poles of the sexual type.
According to Antonio Damásio, a renowned neurologist doctor from Portugal, the emotions and all the reactions that emerge from them have a connection with the body, but the feelings are linked to the mind. Although no one has established a series of formal differences between affection and emotions, there are authors who define the former as a process of interaction between a minimum of two people, but consider that the latter occur in the privacy of each individual.
On the other hand, there is the posture of Benedict of Spinoza, a seventeenth-century Dutch philosopher, opposed to the previous one as regards the links between affection, emotions, body and mind. According to his studies, there were various affections, which we can observe below:
* he wish: when a person determines to perform an action moved by a condition that comes from their own essence;
* joy: occurs when transcending from one degree of perfection to another major;
* the sadness: he phenomenon inverse to joy;
* the admiration: it takes place when the soul is perplexed by an image, since it cannot connect it with others;
* contempt: given the insignificant impact produced on the soul by one thing, the first tries to find everything that the latter does not find, instead of paying attention to what it does notice in it;
* love: it is the combination of a joy with a fact of origin external to one's own being;
* hatred: similar to love, a sadness is conjugated with an external cause;
* the propensity: occurs when the idea of an object that accidentally causes joy, accompanies a joy;
* the adversity: It's like the propensity, but instead of joy it focuses on a sadness;
On the other hand, it is said that a person is affected to something when it is intended to provide its services or perform functions in a certain unit : "Players affected by the concentration could not walk around the city", “Affected neighbors decided to take their protest to court”.